What is a TMA/TMO?
TMA/TMO is a private, non-profit association of businesses that has a financial dues structure joined together in a legal agreement for the purpose reducing traffic congestion and pollution by improving commuting options.
Such associations’ operations may include: working closely with public agencies, employee transportation networks, shuttle operations, resource/legislative advocacy, commuter services and other Transportation Demand Management marketing programs.
TMA/TMOs are dedicated to:
- Decreasing traffic congestion and improving mobility across the region for people, goods, and services;
- Facilitating local economic development;
- Developing local transportation infrastructure, services, and program;
- Reducing mobile source emissions to improve air quality and the environment;
- Serving as a conduit between communities and local businesses to facilitate compliance with zoning ordinances and regulations.