Working with MassCommute – The Statewide Council of TMAs
MassCommute acts as a liaison between Massachusetts TMAs and MassDOT to facilitate the negotiation and management of the MassDOT/MassCommute TMA Service Coordination & Funding Agreement (here-in after “The Agreement”). In order to receive funding through The Agreement a TMA will become a full, participating member of MassCommute by supporting MassCommute through annual dues and participation on committees that work toward the common interests of Massachusetts TMAs and their members.
MassCommute Membership Benefits
- Advocacy to state and federal agencies and government officials for the development of policies that support TMAs, their members, and TDM measures in general.
- Forum for collaboration to support individual TMAs – including additional programs/promotions and roundtables.
- Best practices: support and training, networking, program sharing and development.
- Educational programming/seminars for TMAs and their members.
- Professional development bi-monthly series of roundtable discussion and sharing at MassCommute Board meetings on topics of interest to TMA directors such as: data collection; planning & conducting Board meetings; new and innovative programs; considerations for when legal counsel for TMA matters should be consulted; best practices in record keeping and TMA administration; budget planning and process, etc.
- Joint PR and communications to support and promote TMAs, including newsletters, website, formatted communications and promotional materials for joint programming, and identification of resources to support communication with individual TMA members and their employees;
- Each TMA will receive one vote and an equal share in all MassCommute programs and services.
MassCommute Membership Requirements
- Timely submission of reports as requested – including “FastStats”, newsletter information requests, and other documentation to support the work of MassCommute on behalf of its members.
- MassCommute meets from September – June each year to conduct the business of and communicate with its members; meetings are held every other month at rotating TMA member locations and via conference call as necessary. Attendance at 4 of 5 meetings annually is required.
- Attendance at MassCommute annual summer retreat in July or August.
- Each TMA director (and staff) is requested to serve on two MassCommute subcommittees, to attend meetings, and to fully participate in the work of these committees. Subcommittees meet on alternate months to MassCommute Board meetings.
- The committees develop work plans and provide bi-monthly reports to the full MassCommute
Board of Directors on progress to complete the work plan.
- Payment of annual dues as voted by the MassCommute Board of Directors.